Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Keeping busy

When we got the first test results saying we required further help we started to stress and wonder if having a child would ever happen for us. This lead to a depressing state and we both realised we needed a change (I will admit it - mainly me).... anything that would make us happy again.

So in July 2010 I decided to make a few changes. We both love to start new hobbies so the major new interest was purchasing our motorbike (picture shown on other post). Before this time I hated motorbikes and the dangers/risk attached but Aaron has always wanted to ride so I thought it would be a good idea. We have never rode before so we had many lessons with an instructor which was very exciting. It was great doing it togehter as it had been ages since Aaron and I had so much fun together! We looked forward to every weekend when the lessons approached and I swear we couldn't clean the bike anymore we just loved this new hobby so much.

In December 2010 we both had our licence test booked, we were scared shitless as we were told they are very hard markers and the likelihood of us passing first go was slim. So we both completed our test and we both passed with flying colours - YAY *insert happy dance here*. Passing our test felt like more than just getting our motorbike licence, it felt like we were living again without only concentrating on TTC. We realised there were other things to live for.

In this time I have started a few more hobbies myself. If you are not aware I love my crafts so naturally I picked a few new interests in that field to play with. I started card making, scrapbooking etc. For Christmas my mum gave me a sewing machine, I was very excited with this gift so I went out and purchased heaps of fabric etc. I used to sew when I was younger but gave it up as I didn't have my own sewing machine, but I was talking about how interested I was just before Christmas so my mum decided this was a perfect gift - I truly love it. Even though my sewing is not the best just yet (give me time I'm sure I will improve) the ideas are flowing. I love to dream about the cute little baby outfits I can make along with bibs, blankets, slings and much much more. Below are my first few baby pieces.

Wet bag (folded over), bib and nappy cover.

Bib

I have made these few items in many different fabrics, oh and the fabric choices out there are amazing for childrens prints! I can guarantee my credit card had felt the few online purchases I made. I am sure you will be seeing a few more pictures in the near future as I plan on making lots and bundling a few together for a few pregnant friends - not to mention my private stash sssshhhhh.

Since its picture time I thought I might share a picture of my lovely fur baby. My dogs name is Jaxon, he is a rottweiler X and we love his guts! Talk about a distraction from TTC he can provide it. He loves the dog beach so we try take him there as much as possible and we walk him regularly. We have had him from a pup and he is now 5. By the way he looks little in this photo but let me tell you he is a miniature horse.

Jaxon
Keeping busy is hard when you have only one thing on your mind - TTC. Back in June when we were told IVF was probably the way forward for us we both decided we needed to boost our fitness levels and try to lose some weight. As sports were not provided enough excercise we both joined our local gym with a few friends. My goal a few months ago was to loss 10 kgs before end of February and to date I have lost 7kg - 3 to go. My main focus here is my IVF journey and my guess is the lower my weight the better my chances? don't really know if it will help but hey I have to try something. Also I must say today I put on my small pants!! admit it - we all have a pair of those pants you hide in your wardrobe that you hope to fit into someday soon ... well mine are getting a work out today!

So between sport 4 nights a week, gym 3 sessions a week, sewing, card making and motorbike riding (just to name the main hobbies) when do I have time to think about TTC...some how I always find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment