Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Purchasing baby goods

When Aaron and I first started TTC we were so excited with the thought that we may be parents soon. You guys might not know but I am not the most maternal person so I don't know alot about baby products and after much research I was surprised at how long the recommended list of products was.

During the first few months we thought it might be wise to start purchasing a few small things while still on 2 incomes...it was only a few things a month nothing huge. As months rolled on so did the purchases - assorted clothes, baby slings, toys, books, feeding equipment, nursery prints and the list goes on. I had in my mind that as long as it was not large purchases it was all fine.

When we had intial testing in June 2010 I stopped buying all together as the thought of not falling pregnant anytime soon was hurtful. I avoided any shop and didn't go unless required....even food shopping I would skip that baby lane as it would play as a reminder that we were a failure in that department.

To this day I have not purchased anything since testing and I find my spare room wardrobe haunting me with its full shelves of baby products. I don't mind it so much now, it doesn't make me upset like it used to ... just dissappointed. Since I have a new hobby in sewing I think in a few months I might start making a few baby products for myself (as everything I have made so far I have gifted to friends/family). I know one thing, on my upcoming Bali holiday I will be purchasing a few little goodies....I have my eye on some baby nike shoes and uggs (I know babies don't need these I just find them super cute) and maybe a few other things.

People often say I am punishing myself by purchasing goods for a child I don't have .... I sometimes agree. However when at the shops, looking at these adorable products, I still have hope that one day we will get to use these on our little one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment