I didn't have the heart to post yesterday... a few things had me upset so I thought it was best to stay away. But today I think its best to vent here and *hopefully* feel better after....doubt it but here goes....
It started on friday with me having a meeting with my boss. I was advised he was selling the business (I knew this point) and had a very good offer which he was settling on ....the catch was the new employer was renewing everyones contract but mine :( therefore I will be out of a job, no mat. leave, no job security and no Centrelink Paid Parental Leave. I was completely shattered .... I work so hard and I seriously loved my job. My main issue was no job security - I was planning on heading back to work 6-8+ months after birth (part time as previously discussed with boss) also I just loved the people I worked with. To say I was upset is the understatement of the year :( not a great way to enter the weekend.
Then OB appt was monday night....another hour and half wait (at least I had a book with me this time). The appt was to discuss my NT scan results and the next steps from here. My doc didn't receive my results early so provided a copy and he was very shocked to see such a high risk reading on my tests (in his words; very rare rating for my young age of 25).
Basic summary - he explained the 3 trisomy syndromes and the likelihood of our baby having these. His advice was to have further testing as we are high risk, this would involve an amnio test which carries a m/c rate of 1:200 (this recommendation is the same as our FS). On top of this I have issues with low PAPP-A, our doc said the main issues with this is low growth rates and can cause early labour. The recommendation here is to have extra growth scans every 4-6 weeks and monitor, also when later on in the pregnancy I must be careful not to over do it.
Our basic views - Yes further testing would be the wise option however it took so long to get to this point we can't ignore the m/c risk of the amnio test. I would love to say 'don't do the test due to the risk' but we can't do that... we are too worried to not go ahead and both our doctors have made the recommendation. So it looks like we will go ahead next tuesday the 4th with the amnio - I just can't stop worrying about it all. We did discuss other issues and had a small scan (thankfully seeing a heartbeat) but I was too down I seriously thought the 'hard decision making' was over...maybe its too much to ask for a smooth sail.
So once we got home we were on 'information overload' and decided to have an early night.....that all changed once we tried to have a shower - no hot water. Our hot water system blew up and was leaking massive amounts of water. geeeez not the time! So after friday we were trying to save as much $ as possible - not anymore! we now have to purchase a new system and its not something you can put off...there are only a certain amount of cold showers 1 person can have.
AND the final straw was when I forgot a birthday present for a friends daughter...I never do that and I felt horrible. I always like to plan a nice gift, something they will love. I felt terrible saying I left it at home and will bring it over tomorrow :( I told the mum and she said its ok. so today I headed to the shops and purchased a huge gift (trying to make up for being late lol). I know its nothing big but it really was the final straw yesterday...I lost my shit once getting back home :(
As you can see - not really the best week ever. When it rains it pours! I know other people are dealing with much worse/harder issues it just feels like I can't catch a break. oh well I need to start picking myself up; I will deliver the gift tonight, Hubby has purchased a new hot water system already and is being fitted tomorrow (thank god!) and I guess we will address the amnio issue next week. As for work, its done I can't do much about it now and worrying is not helping....people always say it will work itself out.
For now I'm just saying to hell with it all! Whens the good news coming? Hopefully next week/month.
Update - Sorry I have not discussed my work situation in complete detail but I would be rambling forever if I did LOL (and I was still heated when typing it so I only listed the big negatives). I have received heaps of comments (outside of my blog) and wanted to just say a huge thank you to all making suggestions, comments and encouragement for standing up for myself and considering further action.....don't worry I never take this kinda shit laying down! I have done my research and am discussing this with my current boss over the next week +. What will come of it you never know...but I will make sure they know I'm no walk over. Thanks again xx
So sorry to hear of your bad week. But I would question the contract renewal. Is it anyway possible this new employer was told of your pregnancy?? This sounds very dodgy to me. Why would they renew everyone but you? If you think there is any way they knew you are pregnant, I would be seeking legal advice.
ReplyDeleteI agree - Winter here - I dont trust your employer one iota!!
ReplyDelete