Thursday, July 21, 2011

Booking OB

Not much has been happening this week, trying to keep busy at home so my mind doesnt wander into preggo land. People say in late pregnancy you tend to 'nest' but I am trying to focus on this point now, get all the house in order and organise a few odd jobs around the house that needs doing....you know those jobs we never want to do. So far I have paint the new side gate, add some more storage to the house, clean the gardens etc. nothing big just stuff we put off in the last month or so.

Also over the last few months I haven't had time to go to the shops for house goods ...weird I know but I have been needing to purchase some new towels, sheets etc. for the house (just stock up) so now is the best time.

Apart from that we have heaps of catch up dates with friends as we were hiding away during our IVF cycle so out of the woodworks we come and social abit more. This is great as it fills up our weekend buts its SO hard keeping the pregnancy news to ourselves (more so to the friends that know about the IVF as they ask all the time). So far so good, no news has been said (apart from my parents) we have decided to wait until after the 7week scan and hear the heartbeat....we understand there is still a chance of miscarriage however I have learnt trouble can strike at any time throughout your pregnancy so why wait any longer (its near impossible shutting Aaron up for 2 weeks! let alone till week 12). After the 2nd Aug - scan day, we have decided to tell only close friends/family and after the 12 weeks we tell the outer circles of friends.

Also I contacted my friend to get a OB referral (I told a white lie and said its for a friend, I dont really care if she clues on). So date for my first OB appointment is in 4 weeks, I will take in my dating scan and FS referral/notes. I cant wait to meet my OB 2 of my friends have used him and they have glowing reports also he has his own ultrasound machine so hopefully (crossing my fingers) we get to see the little one more often!We have picked the local hospital as our birthing location and its nice and close to our house (10 mins away).

So thats were we are at, not much happening this end. I keep daydreaming about what it would be like at christmas time as I will be 6+ months and showing ...its puts a huge smile on my face. I know the last few months pregnancy wise will zip by as Dec and Jan are truly the busiest times for us with christmas/new yr/ and hundreds on birthdays on the cards. I can't wait it will be so much fun....everything is coming together nicely :) :)

2 comments:

  1. So Happy to hear this Ards.....still so so happy for you.. :) Mish75

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, just wonderful. Gosh you are organised..I haven't seen an OB yet & I', 20 weeks now..but *I'm onto it!
    take care x Purple Ness

    ReplyDelete