Monday, July 11, 2011

So the results are in ......

Sleeping last night was near impossible, I tossed and turned thinking about everything. This morning I got up pretty relaxed and not as on edge as I thought I might be. I couldn't change the results now so no point in stressing.

Heading to the clinic on a monday is hell - its the most popular day for all the ladies tracking so the waiting room is completely full and the wait just for the bloods is at least 30 mins long. The wait there killed me; looking around at all the baby pics and sitting there stewing on what might come of today. After i was out I snapped out of it which was good.

The worst part about today is the wait between getting your bloods done and the phone call. It feels like the longest day in history. But finally the phone call came and the results are in....

My first IVF/ICSI cycle = BFP (4 weeks today)
levels are: HCG - 143, progesterone - 539 and estrogen 9300.

I'm relieved, no more waiting and wondering. I can't believe it yet....I was so calm when the nurse called. The nurse said these levels are really good. I am shocked now....I can hardly type. It has been a long TTC road and we have finally had positive news. I know not alot of people have positive news first IVF cycle, for me to be one of the few ... I am truly thankful.

Aaron doesn't want me to call him, he wants to wait until I am home - face to face. I have popped out and got a nice baby card and put a message in there with the results for him, signing off  as 'DJ' - we named our embryo DJ which stands for diver junior. I hope Aaron likes it.

Next step is bloods every monday and first ultrasound at 7 weeks where heartbeat and docs appt. I must continue with my pessaries and steriod pills (will be weaned off closer to 12 weeks). I am going to stop now as my head is blank and I feel like I am rambling. For now I pray my little DJ is super sticky. I am so happy I could scream! At the moment I am listening to this song and I can't help but smile - this is my best one yet! 
I wanted to finish by saying a huge thank you to all. This cycle was very hard on us and the messages and ongoing support was priceless....I swear you all kept me sane :) Thank you xxx

7 comments:

  1. OMG I am so excited for you! Sending all sticky vibes and best wishes for the next eight months! What exciting news, I've been hoping to see you get your BFP for so long.

    (BTW it's Azadel from EB lest you wondered who this creepy person reading your stuff is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee.... congratulations matey (just wanted to pop in here too).

    Its been a hard two years but still amazing to share the hard times with you... All behind you now and onto your beautiful journey to motherhood.

    Congrats..

    Love Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg omg omg!!!!!! So happy and excited for you and Aaron!!!!

    Whoo hoo!!!!

    Txx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Congrats to you and Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Ards!!!!! I am so so happy for you and Aaron, got rather teary reading this. Praying that the next 8 months go very smoothly for you and little DJ.
    xoxo
    Di-NO-ZO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nearly burst into tears for you and it now gives me hope that I will one day get that wonderful news. All the best Ards, you are a great source of information and I will miss you.
    MISH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant news, I'm so over the moon for you guys right now. I too was close to tears, happy tears when I read EB this morning.
    Blissfully happy for you & Aaron xxxxxx
    PurpleNess

    ReplyDelete