Last night we had our first OB appointment. This doctor was recommended to us by 2 very close friends and thankfully he delivers at our preferred hospital. We turned up on time for our appointment and had to wait an hour and a half ....let me tell you Aaron was so angry and it was not the best first impression of the guy!
But once we finally got called to see him we found the doctor to be lovely and very well informed. He was very sensitive to our fertility journey and said he will not over rule our FS in any way, more work with them to assist us further. This was great to hear as some people say their OB is different.
A huge positive is he has his own ultrasound machine so I can have scans every visit. This visit was scary as at first he couldn't see anything...I mentioned that I usually get an internal so we decided to switch to an internal. A few seconds later we could see everything as the problem was the sac was sitting so low - freak out for a second! Once we calmed down we could see so much more from our 7 week visit - we could see the head shape and the little limbs...I reckon it looks like a teddy bear :) :) The scan confirmed I was 9 weeks. the heart rate and growth was increasing which was a good sign.
In summary we are happy with everything .... apart from the long waiting time! (which I will try avoid by booking morning appts). He is lovely and has no issues asnwering all questions and explains everything to us in 'normal' terms. Best thing is the appointments are long so you dont feel rushed. We are very happy with our future OB and can't wait for our next appointment.
Next step is my 10 week blood (this weekend) then in 2 weeks our 12 week scan and last FS appt!! cant wait and to have the appt right before fathers day is a nice bonus :)
The comforting thing of waiting 1.5 hrs is knowing he will be taking his time with each of his patients which means you guys wont be hurried either. Tx
ReplyDelete