To start with thank you ladies for all your lovely words of support and assistance over the last 4 weeks, I have received many comments here, loads of private messages on EB and most of all the special few on email so thank you, it really does mean alot.
This time is hard but many ladies have it much worse so I can't complain. I'm finding myself so confused in so many areas of pregnancy and baby products. I mean I knew everything there was to know about TTC/AC I was comfortable and understood everything .... now I have no idea. For example; my boobs are so sore and are growing, I understand this is 'normal' however when bra shopping WTF do I look for, what features should I need in a bra? I will be growing even more shortly so should I wait or buy one with a bit of room? I have no bloody idea and when I went to the 2 bra shops today I got conflicting advice! Still I am no wiser I guess that will make shopping interesting on the weekend.
Another example on baby products; There are so many products out there it can be a huge nightmare walking into a shop unless you know what you are going for....my only piece of advice is dont windowshop, it only confuses you more! If you go in for a certain product there are over 10+ brands and models, I mean how do you know which one to purchase?? Which one is better or is that 'extra' feature required? geez it came become a headache.
The hardest part about this is I am never good with the 'unknown' feeling...but this is exactly what pregnancy and parenting is...I guess I better get used to it hey.To make the pregnancy issue easier I have got a book now and am reading what should happen in certain weeks and I have got questions ready to ask my OB at the first appt next week. Also to make the baby products issue easier Aaron and I have completed our personal product list and are only dealing with 1 or 2 items at a time.
All up I'm doing well, chugging along and wishing my time away (I know I should but you cant help it in the first trimester). Weekend was good, nothing too exciting and tonight I plan on cooking up a storm and getting some lunches/dinners ready as this should assist my with housework so I have more time.
To finish I must say - YAY I'm 8 weeks today!!
Congrats on reaching 8 weeks!
ReplyDeleteSorry to say the unknown doesn't get any able to leave the birth centre that days as hoped. I guess that's preparation for the care of another person who won't always let their better, I hate not knowing when I will go into labour, when my baby will be born, if I'll be parents know their plans!
You'll pick up the pregnancy business soon enough, I found it overwhelming at first but by 35 weeks was like "pregnancy books? Pfft, what's left to know?" (though birth still awaits! Hehe.
Half my comment vanished...doesn't make much sense now. I think it was something about still not knowing.
ReplyDelete