Yesterday I went for my first scan which measures the baby and heartbeat and gives you an approximate date. Leading up to the appointment we were very nervous and hoping all was healthy and we would see a heartbeat.
The ultrasound was done through an internal u/s and we were very happy to be told our little baby was def present. We were told the size is very good CRL (crown to rump length) was 1.12cm which measured 7wks + 1 day (as seen in below scan).
Then the heartbeat was measured at 154bpm (seen in above scan). At first when looking for the heartbeat I got fustrated as Aaron and the u/s tech could see it but I couldn't understand what they were looking for. After a while, further explaining and zooming in I saw the heartbeat. It was pretty cool to see the little blob...and lets be honest its not much more than that! To think that little thing can give you all the pregnancy symptoms under the sun!!
After the scan we went to see the FS. We discussed my lastest blood work and scan. All levels are looking good however I am low in Vitamin D and have a slight infection (due to my steriods lowering my imune system). I have more pills to take and over the next 5 weeks will be slowly coming off most of my support drugs. I will still have a few more weekly blood to check levels.
Next steps are; bloods at week 10 and then fs appt/scan at 12 weeks. This checks for down syndrome. After 12 weeks I am out into the wide world and not being looked after by my FS. I must say right up till now my clinic have provided such great service and help along the way. All my questions have been answered and I am never left in the dark, the extra monitoring has been great and very reassuring. After this its only me and the OB, I meet my OB in 2 weeks and I hope we gel really well.
For now I plod plod plod and hopefully the morning sickness stays low key.
Week 7 of pregnancy - Baby’s Development
There is tremendous growth in the baby this week. In the beginning of the 7th week, the crown to rump length of your baby is .16 to .2 inches which doubles by the end of the week to 0.44 or 0.52 inches. This is the stage where all the essential organs are beginning to form within the embryo such as the hair, nipple follicles, the eyelids and the tongue. The elbows and toes become more visible after the trunk starts becoming straight.
The baby is about the weight of a pea or an Asprin tablet. The placenta begins to show after this week. The head is larger than the other body parts. The internal organs have already formed and the heart has begun beating from the end of the 4th week. The baby is floating in the amniotic sac. The buds for the arms and legs have emerged in the 5th week. In the 7th week, the buds for the fingers and toes also start appearing.



No comments:
Post a Comment