Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 weeks till Christmas!!

Today I have got my ass into gear for the next few months - booking all those appointments leading up to the new year (hair dressing appts, waxing appts, OB/scan appts etc.) while doing so I noticed its only 10 WEEKS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

As you can tell I'm pretty excited (complete understatement!). I love everything about christmas - purchasing the gifts/ wrapping them, putting up the tree, doing my christmas cards, closer to the date is secret santa time (I love trying to find funny or useful gifts) and then the big day when friends and family get together and enjoy each others company & of course the best feast ever....and 1 HUGE benefit is the time off over the break!

On the big day we start off with all our close friends heading over to our house for a cooked breaky (easier for us as we are the only ones without kids). We do the present thing with the kids and then go head off to lunch at 1 side of my family for a huge lunch. Start to get merry in the pool (not me this yr!) and do presents there again, sit around chatting in the pool until its time to head over the the other side of my family for dinner - then its all the same again...dinner, presents, chatting, drinking and most importantly eating lush food! We only head to my family as Aarons live in NZ & up north so his brother tags along with us. By the end we are completely stuffed and it feels like you need a week to recover... BUT everyone is so positive and happy on the day I love it. I have fantastic memories when I was little I just love everything about it.

I guess I'm excited because I placed my order for heaps of christmas fabric, I plan on making 3 santa sacks for under our tree - hubby, me and the new addition. I'm off this weekend to make a good start to the shopping. Well I better stop rambling about christmas as I'm sure not everyone is really into it ... but I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment