Monday, October 31, 2011

20 WEEKS!!!

as you can imagine I'm pretty excited to make the half way mark - 20 WEEKS today!!

I really never pictured getting pregnant after all that IVF/AC journey so to make it this far I'm pretty excited inside. It still doesn't feel real - I look at my scans and my growing belly and still don't feel like a baby is growing inside (if that makes any sense?) I guess when it kicks more etc it will feel real. A friend said to me she felt the same and it wasn't until she gave birth and was holding her baby it all hit her.... I think this maybe me.

IVF/infertility has changed me, is good ways and in bad....but thats for another post. For now I'm just happy to get this far as I know its a struggle for many. Today is special in another way - my 20 week scan is this afternoon! I'm very nervous and can't wait ... why did I have to book it late in the day, now its a draaaag. Anyway I hope all the internal organs are fine and I really want them to focus in on the high risk markers, check again to make sure all looks fine....geez just typing this is making me sweat with nerves. I rpay everythig is ok. So hopefully later tonight/tomorrow I will be able to share a few scan photos and give you an update.

Oh by the way, as I'm really into christmas I was on the look out for a nice tree decoration to celebrate our pregnancy, this week I found the perfect one. To celebrate our little peanut growing inside I got this one;

1 comment:

  1. love love LOVE your Christmas tree decoration, Ards.

    btw it's emiboo from ttc#1 grads

    i am also into meaningful Christmas tree decorations. put up our tree today. couldn't wait any longer.

    ReplyDelete