Monday, October 10, 2011

17 weeks!

WOOHOO 17 weeks today!!

I'm pretty happy to be heading to the half way mark :) from there its all down hill (so I'm told). I get many cramps and ouchy pains from the stretching etc. but I'm counting down the days to when I can feel movement... some say from week 16 onwards. I haven't had any yet but I think it would feel pretty cool.

For now nothing else is really happening so I left a few details below on what my little one will be like now.

17 weeks - This week your baby measures approximately 12.5-14cm (5-5.6 inches) in length and weighs about 150 grams (5.25 ounces).

Your baby is looking more and more human as time goes by. Your baby can now make facial expressions, including frowning and squinting. Eyes are still closed, but are sensitive to bright light outside your abdomen. Eyelashes and eyebrows have started to grow.

Limbs become longer, start to gain proportion and begin to move as the connections between nerves and muscles are established. The nerves are now being coated in myelin (a fatty layer), enabling them to pass messages to and from the brain. Your baby's hands can now form fists and if they meet, will clasp together.

The lungs are developing, but until birth the placenta will provide your baby's oxygen.



No comments:

Post a Comment