Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nappy Stash

Last night I recieved in the post my nappy stacker for the nursey...I wanted a plain white one and couldn't buy from the shops (as the ones they sell are all coloured with pictures on). So once I opened it I decided to pull out my MCNs (modern cloth nappies) to see if they all fit.

Well they fit but only just! I may have purchased a few too many on the lead up to the pregnancy - thats what you get for TTC for too long and finding 'bargins' along the way! lol You prob wouldn't believe me but I haven't purchased any since falling pregnant, I found them a good item to purchase when trying to stay positive. The count is at 18 MCNs/12 standard cloth/3 covers ... just a few I swear!

My plan is to try use them part time and not pressure myself (use them at home during the day)....but with the issues at my work it will prob be a nice way to save a bit of money. Also I have horrid sensitive skin so certain fabrics are better than others, so if this is the case with baby it will be better I guess - who knows.

here is some close up pictures of the patterned ones :)

I have many brands and they were all recommended from friends. Some brands (off top of my head) are Monk n Bear, itti bittis, Bum Ups, M's Cute Bottoms MCNs, thirsties covers...and a few more.

So like I said, hopefully I will be successful with my cloth efforts and I will get some help from mum as she is all for it (as she did cloth for us kids) and some close friends use cloth also.... hopefully if it gets hard they can pull me though it :)

wish me luck as I will need it - you wont believe me but I have never changed a nappy before...so this will def be an eye opener!

1 comment:

  1. WOW I'm jealous of your collection ..I haven't even started, figure I'd wait until i know the sex & size of my bub. We're going to use disposables for the first couple of months & then I'll try a few out & build up a stash.
    xPurple

    ReplyDelete