Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Challenge Day 5

Day 05 - A picture of your favourite memory.

 
This point is a hard one but something I have been thinking about all long weekend. I am in the middle of putting together a huge photo album of myself (from newborn right up to today) - sounds abit 'up myself' hey ... but there are a few reasons I am doing it. My nana started off this album and I only just received it last week (even though she passed away years ago) so I thought it would be nice to hunt around my parents house for other pics and same as my recent photos.

I was told something I will never forget - photos of yourself are not for you, they are for your loved ones and when you are gone the album will be looked upon with fond memories. I still love to look at all the pictures and I love talking about my most loved memories. Thinking about todays challenge is hard as I would usually say my lovely wedding, this is a day that I will never forget.

However since going through all my family photos I would have to say my favourite memory is with my nana who has passed away. Not 1 single memory but all the genera; things we used to do with her; like when we were little we used to help her sew, jump into bed with them at 7am, help her with the weekly shopping, my nan used to always take us to the local swimming pool every school holidays and most of all just playing at their family home. Even though she has been gone 10+ years I miss my nana daily, only because my memories of her are gold, she was such a lovely fun person to be around.

Please know I am not 'favouring' any grandparent it is only because she has passed I feel like this. I wish I could share a photo but they are all at home. From this I have learnt that all the small general things are just as special as the large expensive events and family mean so much.

love you nana xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment