Since we have had a shit week/month I thought it would be the best time to sit down, have a look at whats really important in life and make some new short term goals. The best thing to keep in mind when setting goals is to have an end/completion date, I have selected the month of July - this is when we review our finances and consider signing up for our IVF cycle. I am hoping by focusing on these things I will not be as catch up in TTC/IVF as usual (this is the plan anyway). So here goes:
* Ditch some of the weight - my plan is to cut 10kgs off the scales. I'm not going to lie I hate dieting and lets all admit the gym sucks... but hey if I can't be pregnant I should at least look sexy slim right? No all jokes aside this will help the success rates with IVF and lets face it - the more healthy/fit you are the better you will be pregnancy wise.
* Organise my house - If you know me in person you will know I am the opposite of hoarding....I like to throw out anything not in use and most of all I hate clutter! Many say I have OCD, which is not far from the truth. With this in mind my version of 'clean out the house' is room by room pull everything out and see if we need it. I find over the years we collect so much junk and store it for that rainy day. Hopefully I can get ride of all this junk and find more room for the more important stuff and while I'm there its a great excuss to do those small jobs we all say we will do in a 'few months' which never gets done. I am planning more storage spaces, finally setting up my home office and spare room and most of all get on top of our gardening.
* Increase our personal savings - In WA we don't have a company maternity leave system (maybe the government employees but not private companies) so Aaron and I must save 100% of our future leave money. Another large expense is the IVF journey itself. On top of this we are planning to save a few thousand dollars to purchase new baby furniture when the time comes. When you add it all up you nearly fall over from such a large figure but hopefully by increasing our personal savings (which we should have done a while ago) and selling our motorbike (Ardy) we will be on track about July/Aug. Trust me the decision to sell Ardy was not taken lightly but it must be done as it is only a 'play toy'.
* Learn how to enjoy TTC again - As everyone knows the fun, love and happiness dies after TTC for so long. I know we all have our ups and downs but I am trying to remind myself regularly this line 'fuck it, we only TTC a few times in our lives and I want to enjoy it, love it and remember every moment'. So I have started to remind myself why we are doing IVF, why it is so important. Dreaming of the future with our new family is priceless....I often imagine the things we could do together, how much of a fantastic father Aaron will be and most of all the unconditional love we can give. With daydreaming comes the excitement, before I stopped encouraging it but now I want to so I am allowing myself to purchase a few baby items again just to keep the excitement up. The other day I purchased these cute baby boots.
I know I have only listed 4 points here but there are so many things to do with each point it should keep me busy. If Aaron and I can really take hold of the above 4 points we will be happy leading into July.
So as of today it starts! wish me luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment