Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sewing Over The Easter Weekend

I trust everyone had a fantastic easter break - what more could you ask for: 5 days off work, sunny weather and more importantly chocolate overload!!

My weekend was cruisy but very productive. I went shopping for myself, went to a family gathering, cleaned my house, fixed a few things around the home and more sewing. I thought I would share a few sewing projects I have been working on.
The 2 above skirts are for a friends daughter who is turning 12 in a weeks time. I took the daughter to the local fabric store to pick out a few prints she liked so the above is what she loved. The blue is 100% cotton and the green is more a winter skirt as it is made out of flannelette. I have another light green skirt (not pictured) but needs a bit more work. I will be purchasing a pair of black tights and a funky large black belt to add with the gift so she can wear both all winter long.
Above is a cute butterfly dress I made for my best friends daughter who is 3 years old. This is 100% cotton and so she can wear in winter I will be adding black tights and long sleeve top to the gift. Sorry this picture is terrible - I promise the bottom hem is straight but it was hard to take the picture.

I hope both the birthday girls will love my gifts...I'm sure they will. The best part about making for others is seeing the person wear the items - it really puts a smile on my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment