Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brag Post - Sewing a Baby Mat

As I mentioned in the previous post our close friends had their first baby on Mothers Day. We weren't going to visit until next week but we were told the husband is heading back to work in a few days (works up north) so we called and made a time to see them tonight.

I asked a few friends about gift ideas for when the baby arrives and they had a fantastic idea - a babys playmat/blanket. I loved it as I know she didnt get a playmat at the baby shower. So last night I got cracking and here is the finished product.

The top printed side is 100% cotton, padded inside and the bottom side is a super soft minky fabric and the colour is bright pink (but the photo is showing red - sorry my carmera is being stoooopid). I am in love with the minky fabric!

There are 3 tags each side of the mat so you can hang toys off without them going 'missing'. The sizing is over a metre long - I looked around at the playmats you purchase and they are the same size. This can be used as a mat or blanket whatever the parents wish.

I hope my friends like it, I tried to make it girly as they have so much unisex clothing (as they didnt know the sex of the baby prior to the birth) I thought this might add some colour to her collection :)

Cant wait to hold the newborn tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment